Thursday, February 5, 2009

Battle of the Bath

Andrew's two month battle against taking a bath is finally over! One day in December my normally bath loving baby decided that the bath was like a salad to a fat person. He Screamed at the sight of it. We could not even turn on the water in the bathtub without sending the kid running to his room in fear. It took both Aaron and I to give him a bath. One of us would hold him as he stood in the three inches of water screaming bloody murder while the other washed him as quickly as possible. I was a little weary when I had to give him a bath last week alone, but to my surprise he actually did not cry. He did not sit down in the water and still freaked when I poured water over his head, but I could sense possible peace talks coming. On Sunday morning I started to run the bath and then walked across the hall to grab a wash cloth. Suddenly I heard a giant SPLASH and a loud Grunt (because that is all that he will do). I walked back in and to my surprise, Andrew was laying on his back in the bathtub fully dressed in a diaper, onsie and footy pajamas. He appeared to be happy so I debated leaving him alone but then remembered what a water logged diaper looks like. I also debated grabbing my camera but decided that it would not be the safest thing to run downstairs and leave Andrew in his current condition. (see I am a good mom sometimes!) He then proceeded to sit down, play, splash and enjoy the bath! (I would have taken pictures of this too but I am not the biggest fan of naked kids in the tub pictures- I'm weird, I know) So... a truce has officially been called between Andrew and the bath. And just to show that there are no hard feelings, for the past few days Andrew has been giving the bath tub all kinds of presents (toys, tooth brushes, my mascara, Aaron's shorts, the contents from the trashcan). What they say is true, war is hardest on the families of those involved. I have had a hard two months! I'm just glad that this particular war is over and in the history books (or at least the scrap book).

3 comments:

betty said...

You are so funny! I thought I noticed a slight "gamey smell" last time I gave him a hug!

Becky said...

Hooray! I'm so glad for you -- bath time struggles are no fun. We went through that for a while with Matthew. The best is when they are old enough to take a shower all by themselves -- I just tell Jacob to go get in the shower (granted sometimes it takes five times asking him before he does it). Then he goes into the bathroom, I hear the shower water turn on, and he emerges a little while later all clean.

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

You make me laugh Joni!! I would have been that bad mom who ran and grabbed the camera. I'm actualy surprised my kids haven't drowned yet. I'm glad to hear that your little Andrew is done with the bath wars. That does NOT sound fun! Oh and about our perfect life...I think the surprise of this baby #4 is suposed to keep me humble b/c I was freaking out that I was prego when I took the test. That's a whole other story, but yes things are great & now that I'm not throwing up, I don't have any complaints :) miss you!