Friday, February 13, 2009

Share the love

This year for Valentines Day Allie helped me make little buckets to fill with candy for her friends and family. So, unless you live within driving distance of us you did not get one... sorry!
I got this idea a long time ago from a friend in our old ward who is a Stampin' up demonstrator and would always have parties and classes. She made them as thank you buckets but I adapted for this! They would also be cute as little party favors.
I have been aware for while that I need a new camera, but it became very apparent when I could not get the glare off of of these little buckets! UGGG!

We also made some red velvet cake balls that I saw on Bakerella . They turned out pretty good (or at least I think they did, I have not heard any reviews yet!)

That about sums up our Valentine festivities. I decided that Aaron and I were not going to go out to dinner tomorrow night because I know that the place we want to go is going to be PACKED! So we are rain checking and will go maybe next weekend when we will not be surrounded by the masses out celebrating their love by stuffing themselves with food!

1 comments:

Jessica L said...

You are continually showing me up... I hate it when people turn out to be cooler than me. For a while there I had hope that I was cooler.... You were in high school still and I was in college, and that definitely made me cooler... Then the tables turned substanially when you got into BYU... Then I thought I had the upper hand because I had kids and you didn't... You have now caught up to me with the kids thing and have passed me by miles with making cute things en masse. :)

Oh well. At least I have the satisfaction of knowing that I found the bakerella site first. However, your making treats for people on Valentine's day and making cute 'love buckets' is way cuter than anything I could come up with. (And Mom said they were dang good... by the way.)

Consider yourself cooler than me. Again... :)