Allie has a little trouble with certain sounds and gets very frustrated when we can not figure out what she is trying to say. Here are a few stories from this last week to show what I mean...
Allie was playing in the laundry basket and Andrew jumped in on top of her. She started yelling for me to get him off of her. "Mom," she yelled, "Get him off, he is hurting my breast!" I just started laughing and called my sister Teresa to tell her about it. As I was telling her, Allie comes up and says, "No mom not breast, I said breast." (Oh, that helps Allie) She continues, "Like my breast in my mouth." WHAT??? Okay, let me think... (as I am thinking, Allie is coming up to me and showing me her mouth and pointing into it, as if that is helping). Finally I get it! Oh, you mean your Breath! Andrew hurt your breath because he was sitting on you... got it.
Bed time has become a bit of a battle with Allie. From reading a few other peoples blogs with three year olds it appears to be a common theme. So last night after we had put Allie to bed we heard a rather large crash. No crying, so I was going to let it go until Allie headed down stairs to tell me that their were cars all over her room. (she does not have any cars, they are all in Andrews room) As I was trying to figure out what she meant, she is trying to help (by yelling at me). "Not like cars on the road mom, cars that we look at." Okay, that helps. We headed up to her room to see her ABC cards all over the floor.
Maybe I should be happy that Andrew is just grunting and not talking! It is hard enough trying to figure out what a three year old is telling me let alone a one year old!
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
This had me cracking up. I know the scenario, they get so frustrated with us, and we are finding it all very amusing. Poor kids.
Post a Comment