
Yesterday for church I thought I would be a good mom and curl Allie's hair for church. It was going great until as I was pulling one curl out, she reached up and touched the curling iron giving her a huge welt across the top of her hand. That part was enough to make me feel like a bad mom, but then all she could say was how she wanted to go to nursery and show Chloe and Andre her burn. So now I felt really bad because it is one thing to hurt your kid but to have her tell everyone you hurt her is worse. So all through church, every time someone would say hi to her, she would stick out her hand and say, "Mommy burn me." I then had to jump in and explain it was an accident and I am not some demented mother who uses burning as a punishment. (although it would be pretty effective) Here is Allie showing it to everyone. I had no trouble asking her to show it to the camera. Luckily I will never have to curl Andrews hair!
2 comments:
That's why I do those sponge rollers and put them in Madeline's hair while it's wet and then she sleeps on it. I remember way too many times that mom burned me with the curling iron when I was little. The best one was when she was curling my hair and burned my forehead and I passed out on the floor... I wonder if she remembers that one... :)
I actually remember it as Jessica trying to curl her own hair...and burning herself!! I had to pick up the pieces after she fell gracefully to the floor...not! Guess I am too old to remember things as they really occurred! Poor little girl. Now she has a real conversation starter!
Post a Comment