Monday, June 1, 2009

Crackalackin

This girl...


cracks me up with the things she says. We were in the car this weekend heading down to the drive in theatre and the kids had on their pajamas. About half way down it must have dawned on Allie that we did not bring her shoes. She pipes up from the back seat...


"hey, we have a problem... apparently we have forgotten my shoes."


I love that she used the word apparently.


Then when she says something that makes us laugh she covers her mouth and does a super funny fake laugh, as if she was laughing too. Lately what makes me laugh is that she says everything is crackalackin (like the zebra says in Madagascar). We will be walking in a store and she says, "Mom, this place is crackalackin" or "Mom, this dinner is crackalackin"... you get the point.


Or, if I am telling Aaron about something she did earlier and she is embarrassed about me telling it, she covers her eyes and runs away. (usually she also runs into a wall... since her eyes are covered.... and we end up with an embarrassed hurt crying kid)
This morning may have been the best one yet. She was playing in her room and came out looking very serious. "Mom," she said, "I think it is time we had a talk about me having a baby."
(I swear that is exactly what she said. I even went and wrote it down I thought it was so funny)
We love our funny little girl! Especially when she uses big words and wants to talk about things that I don't want to talk about for another 20 years. She is definitely crackalackin!

7 comments:

josie said...

She really thinks ahead. First she plans on marrying Michael and now is thinking about a baby. She is hilarious.

Sue Redington said...

LOL Allie is hillarious... Seriously, everytime I am on your blog I am laughing out loud!

The King Crew said...

Your kids (and you!) are hilarious! Aren't the kids at such a fun age where they never cease to impress with their knowledge. I am in awe most of the day - that is, when I am not yelling or scolding!

Liz said...

She is so funny! Way cute pictures too!

betty said...

Don't keep me in suspense!! What did you talk about? How did you handle that question? Usually it doesn't come up until they are at least...oh 8 or 9 (at least back in "the day").

Jessica L said...

hehehe... You are in trouble. Madeline loves "apparently". Vivian is currently stuck on "actually". And Langston... well, Langston's a whole other bowl of spaghetti of confusion.

I love the re-enactment pictures you added. Awesome!

Mary Ann said...

that's hilarious! what a cute kid :)