Thursday, June 11, 2009

cooking... with pain

My kitchen aid mixer is one of my favorite things. I thought I was aware of all of the great things it did, but now I can also add child torture tool to its list of options.

Allie and I were making cookie bars for us to take to concerts in the park. Allie had just dumped the sugar in and was watching it mix so I started grabbing stuff from the island to take back to the pantry. As my arms are full of ingredients, I hear a scream. I turn around to see Allie's hair being sucked into the mixture and her head being tugged into the bowl. I was able to drop everything and make it to her and turn off the machine in time, but in another turn or two it would have ripped it out (it was a pretty big chunk of hair-definitely would have left a noticeable bald spot). Then I had to make the beater go backward about 8 times to unwind her hair. (at that point I thought of grabbing the camera, but she was still screaming so I thought against it)

So, the cookies still turned out well. Not even one piece of hair in them! Oh, and Allie is okay too! Just from now on we will be wearing hair nets in the kitchen!

5 comments:

Jessica L said...

I can't believe you didn't take a picture! In a few years she would learn to appreciate your love of photography in the midst of affliction. Or be in therapy forever...

Oh, and the hair net idea is great! Make sure you get a picture of that!

Family Graffics said...

Poor Allie! A skull fracture and "kitchen aid curls" Yikes!!!

Liz said...

Boy, Allie is sure having a rough month!!

Becky said...

WOW! Poor little girl! Sheesh! The adventures of motherhood!
We're coming to Cali - cant wait to see the kids!

Alyssa and Nate said...

sounds like she's a magnet for pain! thank goodness for insurance. they sure are cute kids