Saturday, February 23, 2008

spelling

So I am not the best speller (I am sure there are a few mistakes on my blog) but I am pretty good. Most of my mistakes come from typing too fast. I at least know basic spelling rules. Last Sunday at church I was sitting in Relief Society and the girl giving the lesson asked our thoughts about the lesson topic. As we talked in small groups about the question (I hate it when they put us in groups to discuss a question-just give the lesson) she turned to write some of the answers on the board. First she wrote the question on the board. At first I thought she was joking, but she was not. This is how she spelled the word thoughts... thots. It pains me to even see it here. I want so bad to right click on it and have spell check change it. This girl is even going to school right now to get a masters degree. Am I holding people to to high of a standard? I guess I have to look past it, but for some reason whenever I see the girl now all i can think of is how ridiculous of a speller she is. Maybe this week she will redeem herself and correctly spell the word testimony or something.

4 comments:

Jessica L said...

Hee hee... For a minute there I thought you were back in Paso. :) I was gonna guess at who it was.

I think I used my spellchecker too often on Blogger, it doesn't even work anymore...

Maybe she was just abbreviating to save time... Let's just go with that.

MonkeyGirl said...

Maybe she was kidding, or trying to be cute.

I write "prolly" a lot instead of "probably", and I never really mean it.

I see Relief Society hasn't changed since I last went 15 years ago... ;-)

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

don't knock bad spellers my husband is one of them! Don't get me wrong, Jaren is very bright but not when it comes to spelling. For instance in a poem he wrote to me while we were dating went something like this: I love how I fill when we are together. LOL I guess that's why he's a dentist, he gets his fillings mixed up with his feelings!

Brunner said...

That is funny. Poor girl, but for some reason I don't have a whole lot of sympathy. Thats kind of an obvious one. I think spelling is the main reason why the Dr.'s have sloppy handwriting. They think they can cover up.