Friday, February 22, 2008

Best Drink Ever

When I was in the hospital with Allie, they made me this drink that was fantastic but I never figured out what was in it. So, when I had Andrew (different hospital, different part of the state) they brought me the same drink. I was so stoked! I had to take advantage of it and I asked for so many of these drinks that they finally just brought me the juice containers and let me make my own when I wanted to. They also brought fresh baked cookies every afternoon- this hospital kind of rocked. :) (I wonder if Britney Spears got cookies too when she was locked up here?) So, I felt kind of silly when I saw how simple the drink was- but I have been making it at home for lunch everyday for the past two weeks so i thought I would pass it along.

It is just equal parts of apple and cranberry juice (I use cranberry-raspberry) and then a shot of orange juice. That is it, but I swear it is the best thing ever! it is better with the crunchy ice they give you at the hospital, but I have not been able to track any of that down yet. Okay- go ahead and tell me how corny I am- I don't care, I love my juice!

4 comments:

Liz said...

Aren't you the little bartender! :) I got the apple mixed with the cranberry when I was in the hospital, but not with the shot of OJ. I'll have to try that.

Brunner said...

Great you've learned our little bartender/nurse secret. We add a little sprite though. Yum!

joni said...

Katherine- will you email me an invite so i can view your blog. I would love to see pictures of your kiddos! BTW- I will have to try the sprite. That just might be the kick the drink needs to make it totally awesome!

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Just rub it in that you delivered at a cool hospital, while I shared a room and counted down the minutes until I could leave. The things you're willing to endure not to have a stupid doctor!