Monday, February 11, 2008

insert foot...

I am perfectly aware that I have some weight to lose and that I am a little chunky. I am also aware that I have no clothes and have to wear some of my maternity clothes still. I was not aware that apparently I am way fatter than I thought. Case in point... Sunday at church i was standing in the hall talking to some friends. Aaron was standing maybe 3 feet from me holding Andrew. A women came up and started chatting with me when out of no where she asked me when my baby was due. I was shocked (again- I did not think I was that big) and all I could do was point to Aaron and Andrew. I finally managed to say that I had him a month and a half ago. So instead of saying sorry and moving on, she looks at my stomach and says, "Well you still have a little belly." It was all I could do not to hit the woman or make some mean comment about her daughters who are both very large (and not pregnant). But I held my tongue and smiled. So from now on when I am in public I will either always have Andrew in my arms or wear a moo moo.

4 comments:

Jessica L said...

Yeah. I had Madeline and Langston and wasn't even pregnant with Vivian yet and I was at the post office and the kids were running around like crazy. I said, "I need a nap!" To which the stupid woman responded, "Oh, when are you due?"

I too was shocked and then I said, "I'm not pregnant... I'm just fat from those two."

People are stupid. Don't worry about it. I haven't seen you, but I'm sure you look great.

Next time, I would say something about that woman's fat children. It will make you feel better in the end... :)

Liz said...

Some people are so dumb and just don't think! My neighbor had almost the exact same thing happen, except it was a member of the bishopric that asked her when she was due and she is the primary president, so you'd think he'd be up on the news!

Brunner said...

Joni, you are so funny. I love reading your blog because it makes me laugh. Maternity clothes are either loved or hated. When I first started to wear them I was thinking "yea, I finally get to show that I'm pregnant and not just fat" Than a few months go by after the baby has been born and I'm thinking "When will I ever be able to wear something different than these old rags"

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! 2 weeks after Dylan was born I went to Albertson's to drop off our movie. A girl I used to work with saw me & said, "You still haven't had him yet?" To that I said, "Well, actually, I had him 2 weeks ago." She was quiet. I felt great. :(
P.S. Love the blog. Hope to see you guys soon.