As I have been looking at other peoples blogs and seeing them make gingerbread houses with their kids, they all end up looking just like the box. I would like to know how the heck that is possible if you let a three year old decorate it? I mean I would love a perfect little house to display but maybe Allie is just not as developed as some of these other kids! At any rate, our house turned out cute and Allie had a blast alternating between eating the candy and putting it on the house.

My personal favorite part is the peoples faces being held up by red frosting so it looks like blood. Gross I know, but try telling me that is not what it looks like.

We did not even have it done a day before a giant rat (Aaron) got hungry and ate half the roof!
3 comments:
What kind of place did you move in to? Giant Rats?! :) Very cute house, by the way. I got a gingerbread kit from Michael's that I'm having grandma do with the kids. (I might help eat the candy...)
Wow - this is the first comment I've ever left on anyone's blog. We didn't get a gingerbread house kit this year, but in previous years ours has looked "perfect" because Paul did it all himself. Well, maybe he let the kids put on a piece of candy or two, but mostly they just watched. I think it's great to let Allie help so much with it. I'm sure she had a blast!
I think Allie's house looks great! If you want to feel better about her artistic skills check my blog for a picture of Aubree's graham cracker house. :)
Post a Comment