Monday, September 8, 2008

R.U. ready for some punting


For those of you who don't know, my little brother Teddy is living out all of our dreams (well maybe just my dads) and playing football at Rutgers University. He is the starting punter and also does kickoffs. Last weekend my whole family (minus us) went out to watch them play in Piscataway, NJ. Although they lost, Teddy did great, averaging 39 yards and had two inside the 20. I know that he will only get better as the season goes on. It is kind of funny because we want Teddy to punt as much as he can, but if he is punting a lot that means the team is actually doing bad and not scoring. So whenever there is a third down I am torn. Do I cheer for them to get a first down or do I cheer for them not to so Teddy can get in the game?






















Aaron and I here publicly lay claim to Teddy's first NFL game. Without us taking Teddy to his kicking camps in So Cal and Vegas, he would not be where is is now! (kidding about that, but seriously, we claim the tickets)


So, if you are home this Thursday at 4:30pm, flip the TV over to ESPN and watch Teddy play against North Carolina.



















Go Rutgers!

3 comments:

Liz said...

How cool! It's like you have a celebrity in the family!

Teresa said...

actually it was 3 inside the 20! but pretty much our little brother is a rock star!

Ron and Mary Brunner said...

We were able to see a bit of the game and watch Teddy kick twice. I called to celebrate with your dad that his little boy was a hero, and he reminded me that the team was losing the game! Oh well, even heroes have to go through tough stuff. Congratulations to the whole family for helping your little brother make it to the big time!