This last week we went up to Sacramento. It is a good thing we do not believe in omens because the trip did not start off well. While driving up the 5, I hit a giant piece of semi tire. You would think with all the practice I had growing up of dodging deer while driving home I would have been able to miss it, but no such luck. It totally messed up the front end of our car. Luckily it was all body damage but it still sucks. One cool thing we found out is that if you are in an accident, your insurance company has to pay for new car sears, even if they were not damaged. We were about to move Allie up to a booster seat so it kind of helps offset the insurance deducible.
We love spending time with Kim and Cliff when we are in Sacramento. Our kids love playing together. Here is Allie and Kayden at dinner making faces, instead of eating. (they were kind of eating as you can see by the food in the mouth) More food ended up on the floor than in their mouths.
We love spending time with Kim and Cliff when we are in Sacramento. Our kids love playing together. Here is Allie and Kayden at dinner making faces, instead of eating. (they were kind of eating as you can see by the food in the mouth) More food ended up on the floor than in their mouths.



One day while we were waiting for Aaron, Allie and I were at a fountain. I gave her a penny and told her to throw it in and make a wish. She threw it, closed her eyes, and said, “I wish for a prince!” So cute!
Next stop was to see Eliot in Berkley. We got to see the people in the trees. (Hippies, I mean protesters, not wanting some trees to be cut down) I must say Eliot is fitting in nicely and by that I mean he has hair to his shoulders and a really big goatee. The rest of the trip Allie kept talking about Eliot’s funny hair.

(file photo)
Next stop was my dad’s house. We stayed there just for the night but Allie got to feed the dog, chase the cat, pick veggies with Georgia and see the chickens. Not bad for only being there a little over 12 hours.
Finally we came home! Coming home is never as stress free as I would like it to be. Being the neat freak that I am, I have to immediately unload the suitcases, clean the car, start the laundry and then grocery shop since we had been gone a week. Then since I was already cleaning, I cleaned my closet and washed all the bed sheets.
Whew…
Oh, I also picked up the kids pictures that we had taken a few weeks ago. Most people will get their own personal copy mailed this week but for the non-cool people (kidding!) here is what they looked like!



9 comments:
Cute pictures of the kiddos! Sucks about the car though...sorry
The pics are so cute! After reading your post, I don't think we'll ever travel anywhere- too much work! :) Hey, do you want to come clean my closet too?
JOni, I love love the pictures of allie & andrew!! Super cute, and I think i'll still that idea of the baby holding onto mommy's leg - that is precious. Sounds like you are having a fun summer, can I recruit you to come and help me be a neat freak & unpack our suitcases from our trip 2 days ago :) I miss you! have a great day!
Oh mand I just proof read my comment and I'm starting to spell like Jaren...rather than still I meant to type Steal :) hehe
I mean oh man...See what happens when you have three kids, everything goes downhill :)
Funny you should ask about potty training. I too am frustrated. I have to always remind Vivy too about potty time, and since we moved she RAREly poops in the toilet! Yep I get stuck in stores, parks, where ever cleaning up Vivy's poop messes! Man have we gone through underwear. But i'm reading a book called Tearless Potty training...yeah right, and the best thing I'm taking from it is that sometimes we take 3 steps forward and 1 step back, and that's the developmental/learning process and it just takes some kids longer especially if she has 3 of the 5 reasons for regression. A new sibling, new environment, new situations...ect. Sometimes Vivy still says to me, "mommy I want to go home to my real house!"
I am glad you are guys are okay after the car accident!
Super cute pictures! I haven't seen you guys (live) that is forever! We miss you!
Nat
Love the photos. Cute, cute, cute!!
Hey! How are you guys? I feel out of it since we are in so much transition. I LOVE that pic of Allie from up above. Oh, and that tepee. So fun. My kids would love that. It cracks me up how Peter Pan is so Politically Incorrect--"what make the red man red?" funny.
Post a Comment