Saturday, June 21, 2008
oh... thats why we don't go on dates
Last night Aaron and I had a little date night. We put the kids down and then went down to the promenade in Santa Monica to catch a movie. It was nice to be able to walk through a crowd and not have to be worry about Allie running away (although I guess Aaron could run away if he wanted to). We went and saw Indiana Jones, which I was left a little baffled by. In one respect I liked it becasue I like fun action/history (even if it is fake) movies, but on the other, I did not like the whole alien science fiction part. The movie got out a little after mid-night and we got home about 12:30 am. When we walked in, Andrew had woken up and Ursula was holding him. I took him and stayed up until he fell back asleep at about 1am. I then got ready for bed and crashed. Andrew then woke up about 3am to eat, so I was up for about 30 minutes. Then the kids got up about 6:45 am. I rolled out of bed and let then play on the floor while I slept next to them (on the floor) until 7:30am. So today I am exhausted becasue I only got 5 1/2 hours of sleep. So then I remembered... that is why Aaron and I never go out. I need my sleep too much. I am cranky mommy when I don't! How do all you people go on dates once a week? Are you zombies?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I remember the "sleeping on the floor" part, from when I had babies still around a couple of years ago. I also remember that I never got more than about 5 hours of sleep a night for about 20 years! What are you complaining about!!
Joni- just go on shorter dates so you can be home and in bed by 11:00.
I just go out during my kids' awake time. I figure I can make my babysitter's work for their money. I'm paying them good money to play with my kids so I don't have to. I feel like it's a waste of money if I'm paying them to watch tv while my kids sleep....
But, I also get a babysitter to watch my kids so I can clean my house... so I may not be the right one to participate in this informal poll. :)
Post a Comment