Monday, April 12, 2010

Take me out to the ball game

It has started.
Well, technically Allie did play soccer in the fall, but I know that my dad and Aaron have been waiting for this day for 4 1/2 years. (did I ever mention that the first thing my dad said when I told him we were having a girl first was, "Well, I guess we can do volleyball and softball first."- so a sports family).
Allie started playing T-ball last week and is having a blast. Her team is called the fireballs. Before we knew what color they were going to be she wanted to be the green alligators. We could have put her on an all girls team but we had a bunch of friends who we wanted to be with. She is one of two girls on the team, which is not bad. I think that at this age there is not too much of a gap so she fits in fine. The only thing I worry about is all the kids throwing random balls everywhere. These kids just fire the balls in the area of first base (Allie usually is on the first or second base area). So far only one kid has been pegged, but I know that there will be other casualties before the season ends.
Aaron even went out and bought Allie her own Tee-ball stand. My dad quickly brought over some wiffle balls for her to practise with. As if that is not bad enough, they already have Andrew practicing batting left handed. No pressure on the kids or anything!

2 comments:

Sue Redington said...

I wouldn't expect anything less from your dad!! That is awesome that she is enjoying it. I can't wait until Gracie is involved with sports.

Masha said...

She looks so cute in her little uniform!!! I can't wait to start Andre in organized sports! When are you coming to LA? I want to hang out!!! Miss ya.