So here are the things I learned last week that will hopefully help me keep my kids dying from some unknown disease.
First: Never drink from the drinking fountain at the park.
We took the kids to the park last week and while everyone was out playing I was sitting in the car feeding Andrew. There were a bunch of people walking their dogs and as they passed the water fountain in front of me, they lifted their dogs up to stand on it and let them all have drinks. Now I don't know about your kids, but when Allie takes a drink out of those things it is like full mouth over the thing. And even if she managed to not touch it with her mouth, the part where the water comes out is still covered with dog germs. Yes, I am sure dogs are clean... whatever... they are still dogs and who knows what the crap is on those things.
Second: Always wash after trying samples at a store.
My sister and law and I were shopping last week and were in Bath and body Works. I was looking at the self tanner and this lady walks up to us and grabs the cellulite lotion on the shelf next to us. Then she starts talking to us and telling me all about the products (but not like a sales lady- like a crazy lady). Before we know it, she is reaching down her pants to put lotion somewhere down there (I assume she had some cellulite she was trying to get). A sales lady came and rescued us and told us that it was a homeless lady who comes in everyday and uses all the samples. The other sales lady came up and told the first that they needed to do something because the homeless lady was rubbing the lotion in her hair (cellulite on your head?) Now- we were shopping in a really nice mall in Beverly Hills, it is not like we were in Fresno. ( Sorry- I could not resist) So... lesson learned it you should always wash off your hand when you touch sample bottles. Who knows what germs you are touching and then transferring to your kiddos.
Okay... enough soap box for today! Have a great day!
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know too many people who consider their dogs to be their "kids". Has always seemed strange to me. I guess that means they would be offended if they saw Allie put her mouth on the drinking fountain...germs for their little doggies to get!!
Betty
Oh- So GROSS!! This is not going to help my germ phobia! I usually never drink out of water fountains anyway, but the story about the samples- yuck!
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
That is disturbing! I will think twice about using the samples or drinking the park water myself. Gross!!!
Post a Comment