Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The ultimate update

Hello people! I would love to say that this is the beginning of some big reemergence into the blogging world, but really it is just my guilt eating away at me for not posting anything for the last few months. So instead of hoping for more blogging and putting way to much pressure on me, lets just enjoy this massive long post! I think the best way for me to start is by highlighting a few pictures from each month.


The very End of May... this little guy joined us. The third and most likely the last c-section for me. Aaron took off a few weeks which was awesome as we all got to know each other. Unfortunately I could not hide away forever. Allie had t-ball games so out we went!

Allie and Andrew love to hold this kid. Poor kid. We are learning how to gently hold a baby and not squeeze the poor thing to death. Allie is getting the hang of it, Andrew is still a work in progress.



June..We could not stay away from the beach for long!






July... I love the fair. Maybe is is because I worked there for so long, but it is so fun to take the kids. Andrew was so excited to go mutton bustin... until he saw the first kid get thrown off and face plant in the dirt. Then he changed his tune. Maybe next year!






August... Allie turned 5! We celebrated with an awesome Fancy Nancy Party. The girls had so much fun getting dressed up and then going out to lunch.




Another big step for Allie. She started Kindergarten! She had a rough start. It took a good two weeks before I could leave without her bursting into tears. But she soon found her stride and know loves going to school!


September... Whats better than getting to go to Aunt Georgia's? Getting to play with her puppies! This occupied quite a bit of our time since my kids, Andrew in particular, are obsessed with dogs.




Still working on being gentle. luckily Dylan is figuring out some use of his hands and starts to fight back a bit!



October... We moved! We bought a house! We are in serious debt!

We got to go down and visit Aunt Cassie and Uncle Marc. He took the kids on a tractor ride and let the kids ride horses which quickly moved him up the chart and into favorite uncle consideration.
November... We made our first (and maybe last) major trip as a family flying to New Jersey to see Uncle Teddy play football. Here he is in their athletic center next to his poster.

Lauri and Andrew met us out there! Only they were smart enough to leave their kids at home!



We stayed with my dad while we were out there. He moved out to New Jersey for the season so he cold go to all of Teddy's games. He actually lived in a house on one of the school farms. The kids loved it!









December... This guy turned Three! Whoo Hoo!



The whole family descended for Christmas. Seriously we had 12 people in my house. Crazy!



Two of their favorite presents were stick horses. Their cowboy hats from Halloween made them into perfect little cowboys.


I could not find any ties that i likes for Christmas so I had the crazy idea to make them bow ties. luckily awesome MIL Ursula was here and helped me do them.


January... This kid is getting so big!





February... we made a trip to the Sacramento zoo. Not as good as the LA zoo but definitely better than Atascadero!







March... Playing with cousins who have awesome toys is always fun!



April... and here we are, all up to date and happy.


The kids and I went hiking with some friends. There are some great hiking trails around here and we are only a few hours from Yosemite so we will be taking advantage of that this summer.










5 comments:

Liz said...

I am so happy to hear you are alive and well! :) I still can't believe you have 3 kids! They are getting so big and are all so cute! So I'm guessing you probably didn't get our Christmas card cause I probably sent it to your old address. Email me your new address some time if you have a chance. I'm glad you posted! It's great to see what you've been up to!

Becky said...

I loved your update! I've been wondering what Dylan looks like lately -- what a cutie! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of months. I'm glad you decided that you could take one more big family vacation. I guess traveling with kids is kind of like childbirth in that way!
Becky

Debbie said...

no way, joni you updated! i am so happy to see photos:) hope we get to see you soon... miss ya!

betty said...

Great post. I guess it was worth the wait...maybe. Cool to see the changes in Dylan as the months have progressed. Beautiful house! Bring "real" pictures when you come down!!

Hillary Richards said...

Oh my gosh Dylan is SO big! This was a great update. We miss you but I'm in Tustin now anyway. Your house is adorable & it looks like you guys are doing great. I love the updates so don't let it go so long next time!