Wednesday, September 2, 2009

birthday party galore!

I have not felt very 'bloggy' lately and so I have some catching up to do. First, Happy Birthday to Allie! (last week, whoops!) Don't get me wrong, I remembered her birthday and we had festivities galore. Maybe that is why I have been slacking with the blog...
First we had a combined party with my dad whose b-day is the same week. Just a basic dinner for 12 of our closest family members, nothing special. :)
We made birthday hats for Allie and my dad but only Allie was into actually wearing hers around.
Next was the friend party...
I had planned on a two hour party and had everything planned out, but when the games (which were suppose to take 30 minutes), took 5 minutes, I knew we were in trouble. Luckily most of the kids like to just run around our house so it worked out!
We had an obstacle course...


pin the leg on the caterpillar...



and of course they got to decorate flower pots to take home...





and not to be left out was the butterfly cupcakes.

Oh, and don't forget this guy who is always lurking around with food in his mouth.
Whew! I am glad birthdays are only once a year!

4 comments:

Becky said...

That looks like such a fun birthday party! (But now you know why my kids' friend birthday parties are few and far between! :) )

Jessica L said...

I'm sorry, but that last picture looks like your brother about 20+ years ago. Holy Cow! Looks like the party was fun! Vivian got.... Hmmm... a cake? I'll take her to Chuck E. Cheese's next week when Daddy gets home. Poor kid had to be born right around the beginning of the school year. I sense that her birthday will forever be overshadowed... Bad mommy!

Debbie said...

you did a great job with the party! and what a cute kid with that hat:)

ps, good job today coach!

Masha said...

Good job on the birthday party. It sure looks like a lot of planning went into it. Your kiddos are as always cute.