Oh my goodness... where has the time gone? My google reader is bursting with all the blogs I have not been reading and it is kind if fun to check my email after not doing so for a week and have lots of emails (and not have all of them be junk!).
Well, Aaron's sister + 3 kids, his brother and mom all came to our house for a week, then we all went down to LA where Aaron's other brother, his wife and baby joined us. After a week there, we came back home and was joined by my sister Cassie for the week. Whew... did you follow all that?
This week has been recovery week i.e. lots of cleaning and laundry, flooding mole holes (the dang things are invading the lawn), hanging soap from our shrubs (the dang deer are invading them too and this is suppose to be some white trash way of getting them to go away), blowing pine needles (the dang trees are dumping them by the wheelbarrow full onto the driveway) and general nap taking and hanging out.
I could flood you with pictures of our travels and adventures, but I will try to edit it down and just give the basics. Hang on kiddies, here we go...
We headed down to the aquarium in Long Beach. Of course the kids loved it and had so much fun petting the rays and sharks. I love this picture because it looks like Matthew is so gentle with Andrew when in reality the two of them were at odds the whole 2 weeks. Poor Matthew just wanted to play with Andrew and put his hands all over him and Andrew would have none of it.
Check out the GIANT fish behind the kids! Oh, and please don't overlook Allie's toes plunging out of her shoes. Classy I know. (BTW, they look fine when she is standing up, it is just the way she was kneeling... at least I am telling myself that) 
This is near the end of the day. Can't you tell my the tired expressions on all the adults faces that it is time to go home!
The rest of our time was filled with learning to ride scooters (with the help of Uncle Eliot) ,
I think I have more stuff to share. I have not looked at my camera in a while. I'll try to add that to my to do list today!
3 comments:
Those are some cute pictures! We sure had fun on the trip! I do love that picture of Matthew and Andrew in front of the aquarium -- maybe in 15 years, we'll look at that picture and have forgotten all of the screaming and time-outs that happened that week! ;)
What a great climbing tree. Don't you wish it was in your backyard! The busy schedule explains why you haven't had time to blog...yes, you were missed!
So cute! Your kids are growning so fast. Can't wait to see you in Oct!
Post a Comment